• A student who requests for an internal course transfer within the College must have their existing contract terminated. This includes students who change the course or period of study (from full-time to part-time or vice versa). A new student contract will be signed based on the procedures for executing student contracts. The Refund Policy shall apply unless as otherwise agreed between the College and the Student.
• All request must be made in writing. Verbal notice is not accepted.
• The student must also fulfill all the admissions criteria of the new course and will be subject to the College student selection and admission procedures.
• A student who withdraws from the College to enroll with another College (i.e. discontinues all its courses with the College) shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the College and the refund policy and procedures shall apply.
• For students that are under 18 years of age, written consent from the parent / legal guardian must be obtained
Conditions for Granting Transfer and Withdrawal:
• All outstanding fees must be settled prior to the request for withdrawal and/or transfer
• Student to fill in Student Request Form, including submission of any supporting documents and adhering to the process as stated in the Course Transfer and Withdrawal Procedures.
The policy on deferment/ extension:
- Students who join the College from the period within the first two weeks of course commencement will be considered late enrolment.
- Students who join the College from the 3rd week onwards following the course commencement will be considered as deferred enrolment.
- Students who are considered as deferred enrolment will need to write a letter stating the reasons for defernment to the Principal/Management team for approval.
- Students will only be allowed to join the new course in the following month after approval from the Principal/Management team.
- As students are given a certain time limit to enter Singapore(usually 2 months after issuance of the In-Principal Approval(IPA) letter, in sync with the validity stated on the IPA letter), students are considered as deferred enrolment should they join the College between the 3rd week of the classes and the time limit.
- If there is no appearance of the students after the time limit of 2 months and there is no request of withdrawal from the stduents, they will be automatically deemed as withdrawn from the College. The Administration Executive will proceed to carry out the withdrawal procedures for the student.
Conditions for Refund
The College Refund Policy shall apply for all qualified refunds. Students are to refer to the College Refund Policy and the Standard Student Contract for further details.
Student’s Pass Status
For Course Transfers
For Student’s Pass holder, course transfer is subject to ICA’s approval of the new Student’s Pass.
In the event that an application pertaining to transfer is rejected by ICA, the student pass is to be cancelled within 7 days.
For Course Withdrawals
Student’s Pass holder is required to submit his/her passport and Student’s Pass to the College for cancellation of Student’s Pass with ICA.
Timeframe for assessing and processing transfer/ withdrawal cases
The entire transfer/withdrawal process, from point of application to the final outcome, should not be more than 4 weeks. If the final outcome is not in favour of the applicant, respective staffs are to handle each situation according to the College dispute resolution policy and procedure.
Communication of Transfer and Withdrawal Policy and Procedures
Communication of the College transfer and withdrawal policy and procedures will be through the Student Handbook, College official website to all students, including prospective students.