Student Pass Application
Applying to Study and Stay in Singapore
The Singapore Government has made applications to study and stay in Singapore very easy. The agency to help you process your Student’s Pass or Social Visit Pass is the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). You can contact them at:
Address: ICA Building 4th Storey 10 Kallang Road Singapore 208718
Tel: (65) 6391 6100
Student Pass Submission & Collection
New applications must be submitted at least two months and not more than six months from the course commencement date.
Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applicants are being considered. Hence, applicants are advised to apply for a Student’s Pass outside of Singapore as there will be no guarantee on the extension of stay while the applications are under processing.
Applicants are advised to enter Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass only after they have received the In-Principle-Approval (IPA) letter from ICA. They will be issued with Student’s Passes within one month from the course commencement date.
Students or Education Agent are to submit a soft copy of the following documents to Trinity International College.
1) Applicant’s Birth Certificate (Notarised)
2) Applicant’s Highest Education Certificate (Notarised)
3) Data page of Applicant’s Passport
4) 2 recent colour photograph of the applicant (Passport-size with white background)
5) Documented Proof of financial ability in the form of bank statement/fixed deposit/saving accounts. (for visa-required countries)
6) Applicant’s parents’ passport or identity card
7) Applicant’s siblings’ passport or identity card
8) A completed copy of Trinity International College Course Application Form
9) Foreign-born children aged 12 years old and below, are required to submit documented proof of vaccination or evidence of immunity for diphtheria and measles to the Health Promotion Board (HPB) for verification. They will have to do so before they proceed with their applications to ICA for Student Pass. You will need to access the Verification of Vaccination Requirements eService website (www.nir.hpb.gov.sg/fcine/). You are required to retain the original and translated vaccination documents (if translation is required) and Immunisation Registration Form after submitting online. An application fee of S$35 will be charged.
A photocopy of the following additional documents is also required if one of your parents/step-parents is a Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident. You will need the following documents:
1) Parent’s/Step-parent’s official marriage certificate/divorce certificate and your custody papers, where applicable (Photocopy)
2) Parent’s/Step -parent’s Highest Education Certificate (Photocopy)
3) Parent’s/Step-parent’s employment letter or Business Registration Certification if self-employed
4) Parent’s/Step-parent’s monthly CPF contribution for the past 12 months
5) Parent’s/Step-parent’s Income Tax Assessment Notices for the past 3 years (Photocopy)
Exemption from Applying for a Student’s Pass
A foreigner is exempted from applying for a Student’s Pass if he/she is a:
1. Dependant’s Pass holder studying in a Government/Government-Aided/lndependent School/ Foreign System School/Kindergarten registered with MOE or Childcare centre licensed by MCYS;
2. Immigration Exemption Order holder; and
3. A visitor who has been granted a short-term Visit Pass at the Singapore Checkpoint and wish to attend a short course that can be completed within the validity period of the initial Visit Pass granted to him/her at the Singapore checkpoint or 30 days, whichever is shorter.
Where applicable, a security deposit may be required from the applicant upon approval of the application. The amount of security deposit is as follows:
Alternatively, a student may purchase a Banker’s guarantee to cover the requirement of the Security Deposit. Price of the Banker’s Guarantee can be found in the course brochure.
The general processing time for a new application is about four weeks upon the receipt of a duly completed application by ICA. Some applications may however take a longer time to process. The student/agent will be notified of the outcome by email or telephone. The IPA letter will be forwarded to the student for entry into Singapore to complete the formalities.